Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Proud mother has to shout it out

It is with great pride that I announce that today is my daughter's record release in New York City. Amy Bezunartea's record is called Restaurants & Bars. A singer/songwriter for many years, she recorded these originals several months ago for Kiam Records, the record label of her girlfriend Jennifer O'Connor, a singer/songwriter herself who has produced several records for other artists on Kiam and who herself recorded many times for Matador Records. These lovely and talented women make a great pair.Go to the link below and read Amy's bio and hear two of her songs. "Doubles," is the gay song of the collection--"My baby she works doubles, I can't help her with her troubles, I've got my own. I'm not alone, not alone,"     www.kiamrecords.com/amybez.html
Amy's songs are pure poetry--sensitive, honest and melancholy.
You can also see some recent interviews and reviews at Kiam Records on Facebook including "An interview with Amy Bezunartea--People, Celebrities, Actresses  & Profiles of Gay, Lesbian..."
http://www.afterellen.com/
I wish I could be in New York tonight to see her debut and join my son and his boyfriend and all of Amy's friends and fans to celebrate her accomplishment.
Like Oprah said: "If everyone who was gay would come out, it could change the world."
Here's to Amy! I am so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment